This part-time hourly position reports to and is supervised by the Owner / Marketing Director.
- SEO research: Research small business clients and their competitors, use Google Analytics Keyword Planner and other keyword research tools as requested to determine the most relevant and efficient keywords for client web content and on-site SEO.
- Website content development: Research to gain a good understanding of client's business and industry terminology. Write concise, impactful website content integrating target keywords.
- Blogging: Research and write monthly to weekly blog posts for clients based on their marketing communications calendars.
- Other marketing content development: Work with the Marketing Director, Social Media Coordinator and other team members to develop engaging content for social media posts, email newsletters, marketing print materials, and other marketing tools as requested.
WORKING FOR SPARKWORKS
The Sparkworks Marketing team serves clients across Eastern Wisconsin and the surrounding areas. Our focus is non-profits and small businesses - making effective marketing hassle-free and affordable for hard-working folks who are the backbone of our economy. We help them grow.
One of the great benefits of our work is flexibility. You will work remotely, and a lot of our communication will be via our project management portal, by email, video chat and phone. Depending on your location, we’ll meet in person every 1-3 weeks for project planning and coordination, coaching, and occasional client or networking meetings (mileage to client locations will be reimbursed). We agree on project specifics and deadlines, and you arrange your schedule how you like.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Essential Skills You Need:
- Creativity and exceptional writing skills with impeccable spelling and grammar, and the ability to edit your work
- Insatiable desire to learn and the ability to do efficient online research
- Ability to write engaging marketing content in different voices for all kinds of small businesses
- Ability to present yourself professionally for occasional client interaction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google equivalents
Experience That Is Helpful:
- Google Analytics and the Keyword Planner, other SEO keyword research software
The Person We're Looking For
- Is positive, organized, accountable and deadline-driven
- Communicates well, including by email and via project management software
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment, and interacts professionally and positively with clients
- Is ethical, honest and transparent in person and online
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and a thoughtfully worded letter of interest sharing what you're passionate about, along with a few writing samples in different formats and voices. Please include a page or two of keyword-optimized web content (this can be from an actual or fictitious website) and at least one short blog article. Send to email@example.com.